When you are ready to send a copy of your QuickBooks file to us for review, listed below are the directions on how to create a user and then upload a desktop version back-up copy of your file.
If you have QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions, you will need to send us a back-up copy of the file unless you have remote access available.
HOW TO INVITE A USER TO QUICKBOOKS ONLINE
- Sign into your QuickBooks Online account
- Select Gear Wheel (in Upper Right Hand corner) > Select Manage Users
- Select Invite Accountant (on bottom)
- Enter the following email address for the invitation: Mackey@EverythingQB.com
- Follow on-screen instructions to submit
- You’re done!
HOW TO SEND A BACK-UP COPY FOR REVIEW (Pro, Premier, Enterprise Solutions)
***We Do Not Recommend creating an Accountant Copy for File Review***
To create a standard backup copy of a QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise file, there are two methods depending on if you have a password assigned on your QuickBooks file.
NO USER PASSWORD
From within your QuickBooks file choose: File > Create Backup (Backup for Mac users) or Create Copy Depending on Year
- Follow on screen options to save backup to desired location (ie: desktop, user folder, etc)
- Attach backup file to the upload portal and include the year, version (Pro/Premier/Enterprise), and please indicate that there is NO ADMIN PASSWORD on the upload notes.
WITH USER PASSWORD
- First a user needs to be created
- Choose Company > Setup Users > Add User > Enter Mackey as username and 1234 as password, create as an External Accountant
- From within your QuickBooks file then choose: File > Create Backup > Follow on screen options to save backup to desired location (ie: desktop, user folder, etc)
- Attach backup file to the upload portal and include the year, version (Pro/Premier/Enterprise), and indicate that a username and password was created in the upload notes.
We will contact you as soon as possible once received.